Photo Credit: TN
We Outside! Here Are 2022's 10 Best And Worst Cities For Recreation
Did you know that July is National Parks and Recreation Month? Heading to parks and outdoor activities has been a lifesaver over the past two years. Being in nature is good for your mental health and physical wellness, and it’s a fun way to spend time with your loved ones. As prices for travel and recreation continue to rise, outside activities are a great way to save money while traveling.
WalletHub recently released its list of Best & Worst Cities for Recreation for 2022. Is your city on the list?
What are the top 5 indicators for evaluating the best cities for recreation?
According to Katrina Black Reed, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Recreation, Parks and Tourism Management at Penn State Abington, the top 5 indicators are:
- Do recreational services include the voice of everyone in the community? (You can tell this by who is represented in staff and stakeholders)
- Is the facility welcoming to all people?
- Are the recreation facilities accessible to the community members?
- Do recreational services offer physical, social, psychological, and cultural benefits for their participants?
- Do recreational activities benefit the community?
Best U.S. Cities For Recreation (1-10)
- Las Vegas, NV
- Orlando, FL
- Cincinnati, OH
- Tampa, FL
- Scottsdale, AZ
- San Diego, CA
- Albuquerque, NM
- Atlanta, GA
- Honolulu, HI
- New Orleans, LA
Worst U.S. Cities For Recreation (91 - 100)
- Memphis, TN
- Aurora, CO
- Durham, NC
- Garland, TX
- Oakland, CA
- Irving, TX
- Newark, NJ
- Jersey City, NJ
- Chula Vista, CA
- Fort Wayne, IN