Photo Credit: Photo by R M from Pexels
Proposed UAE Law Would Make It Easier For Expats To Become Citizens
United Arab Emirates of Justice is considering an amendment to the UAE Citizenship Act that would make it easier for expats to become citizens.
The good news is that under the UAE Citizenship Proposal, investors, entrepreneurs, and professionals of any nationality can be granted an official UAE citizenship.
The bad news is that obtaining UAE citizenship will require you to renounce your own.
Here are some of the conditions to obtain citizenship under the proposal:
- To renounce his/her original nationality or any other nationality he/she holds.
- To have a lawful and continuous residence in the country.
- To be proficient in the Arabic language.
- To have an academic qualification.
- To be of good conduct.
- To swear an oath of allegiance to the UAE.