Photo Credit: Photo Credit: Aruba Tourism
Aruba Welcomes Travelers & Their Dogs This Fall
More than half of pet owners travel with their fur babies yearly, making pet-friendly destinations a top priority. With its new Have Dog, Will Travel initiative, Aruba is welcoming travelers with dogs this fall. The One happy island wants visitors to experience The Aruba Effect by making pet travel easier through collaborations with pet-centered companies Wag! and Avvinue.
Through October 20th, Have Dog, Will Travel is spotlighting dog-inclusive experiences and hotel deals available to pet owners.
Promos For Your Pet-Friendly Travel Planning
Aruba is offering visitors discounted expert pet travel assistance for the first time ever through both collaborations. Wag! connects pet owners with on-demand and scheduled pet care services. Avvinue is a startup company that helps travelers discover pet-friendly destinations by providing professional assistance with booking flights and pet reservations.
“Aruba is a destination that not only allows you to bring your dog but welcomes them with open arms,” said Ronella Croes, CEO of the Aruba Tourism Authority. “Through this promotion, we aim to help pet owners enjoy an idyllic experience on the One happy island, whether they are planning to bring their companion or safely board them while they travel.”
Visitors booking their pet-friendly travel through Avvinue can enter the promo code “ARUBA” at checkout to receive a $25 discount on an upcoming flight for themselves and their dog. Meanwhile, travelers who prefer to leave their fur friends at home can sign up for one free month of Wag! Premium and a 10% discount on services such as boarding and sitting services through this promotion.
Aruba currently boasts six impressive hotels that welcome visitors and their pets, including Amsterdam Manor, Bucuti & Tara, Courtyard by Marriott, Hyatt Place, Hyatt Regency, and The Ritz-Carlton Aruba.
Requirements For Importing Your Pet
Import requirements for different pets vary based on the destination of origin. Pets traveling from the US to Aruba must meet the following criteria:
- The pet must have resided in the USA for at least 6 months continuously preceding the date of export to Aruba.
- Puppies must be born in the USA
- A microchip for identification
- A valid rabies vaccination (rabies vaccination is not applicable to puppies/kittens under 12 weeks old).
- The pet should have the microchip already inserted at the moment of the rabies vaccination
- If this is the first rabies vaccine ever, this must be given at least 30 days before entering Aruba (for puppies/ kittens between 12 and 16 weeks old: the 30-day waiting period is waived).
- If your pet has a 3-year rabies vaccine and it is still valid, no re-vaccination is needed.
- A valid endorsed USDA health certificate issued within 14 days of arrival in Aruba.
- Your accredited veterinarian can assist you with the endorsement by the USDA.
- A completely filled out application form for import permit (available on Aruba.com)
For more information on planning a trip with your furry best friend, visit Aruba’s dedicated pet travel page.
Related: Black-owned Pet Hotels for Traveling Pet Parents | 5 Of The Most Dog-Friendly Countries For Pet-Loving Travelers