Photo Credit: Getty Images
Are You A Millennial? You Could Win A Trip To London And Paris
The tourism offices of London, Paris, and Eurostar have come together to change the numbers of millennials who are “vacation deprived.”
Research suggests that millennials are more vacay deprived than any other generation. Findings from a YouGov poll of 1,224 US adults found that more millennials are putting off vacations 43 percent more often than Generation Xers and baby boomers.
Related: How To Spend A Day In Black-Owned London
London and Paris, although once rivals, have decided to come together to help combat this issue. The two European cities will launch a campaign aimed at attracting more US millennials to the two cities.
The campaign, called LondonParisNow, will try to end the US millennial vacation procrastination epidemic. “Let’s keep things simple: two incredible cities, two different cultures, a little more than two hours apart by Eurostar. If you’re someone who wants to get the most out of life, why pass up the opportunity to experience London and Paris in one go?” said Pierre Schapira, Chairman of the Paris Tourist Office in a statement.
The same YouGov poll also found that only 8 percent of Americans have visited both London and Paris, although 72 percent expressed their desire actually to visit both cities some day.
Related: Paris Hotels: From Airbnb To Hidden Gems.
The campaign’s website hopes to inspire the young, tech-savvy, mobile generation. They even launched a contest that will send two people on a pretty nice trip to see both places.
The contest will provide a winner and their guest:
- A pair of round-trip tickets flying into London and out of Paris, or vice versa
- Four nights’ accommodation in a Marriott hotel (two nights in Paris and two nights in London)
- Two one-way Eurostar tickets, taking you from city center to city center in two hours and 16 minutes
- Two tickets to see Les Misérables in London’s West End
- Two Paris Passlib’ passes to discover must-see places in Paris
- A pair of tickets for Crazy Horse Paris cabaret’s new show, Totally Crazy, with champagne
If this sounds like something you are interested in, you have until December 31 to enter. All contest details and rules can be found on the website.