Photo Credit: AE Pictures Inc. | Getty Images
South Carolina Hotel, French Quarter Inn, Named Best In The Country
Earlier this week, Tripadvisor released the winners of its 18th annual Travelers’ Choice Awards, reminding us all that there was travel before COVID-19 and there will be travel after. The results of the survey mainly focus on service prior to the pandemic and are calculated based on the quality and quantity of customer reviews and ratings on the website.
Taking the number one spot for the best hotel in the United States is French Quarter Inn located in Charleston, South Carolina. This is the second year in the row the boutique hotel has claimed the title.
“A hidden gem tucked just off Market Street in downtown Charleston, The French Quarter Inn is an intimate boutique hotel with a singular calling: to make you feel at home,” says the website.
Each guest of the hotel is welcomed with a flute of champagne and warm cookies and milk in the evenings. Some of the other perks include complimentary breakfast, a “Sound Sleep” menu featuring seven extraordinarily comfortable pillows and a bike borrowing service to explore Charleston.
The runner up in the category is The Nantucket Hotel & Resort located in Nantucket, Massachusetts, just a brief walk from downtown and a short hop to several of the island’s iconic beaches, all nestled within downtown’s historic Brant Point neighborhood.
The top ten winners on the Travelers’ Choice Awards best U.S. hotels list include:
1. French Quarter Inn – Charleston, South Carolina
2. The Nantucket Hotel & Resort – Nantucket, Massachusetts
3. Trump International Hotel – Washington D.C.
4. The Lancaster Hotel – Houston, Texas
5. Hotel Emma – San Antonio, Texas
6. The Oxford Hotel – Bend, Oregon
7. Hotel Clermont – Atlanta, Georgia
8. The Inn at Lost Creek – Mountain Village, Colorado
9. Trump International Hotel & Tower – Chicago, Illinois
10. The Langham – Chicago, Illinois
You can view the full top 25 list here.