10 Reasons to Visit London
By Travel Noire
I recently returned from a weekend in London and the city never ceases to amaze me. I’ve completely lost count of how many times I’ve visited, not to mention the year that I lived there, and yet I never seem to outgrow London. Though it is difficult to put my finger on exactly why my heart skips a beat when I land at Heathrow, here are a few reasons why I love London so.
1. They lied. The food is actually good here.
2. There’s no shortage of city parks, both large and small.
3. The buildings look EXACTLY like they do in the movies Oliver or Mary Poppins.
4. For an avid reader, I love seeing a city that has as many billboards for new books as they do for new movies.
5. The black cabs are big enough to fit a family of four + their suitcases all in the back seat.
6. You just HAVE to laugh at how expensive everything is.
7. There’s always a new trend to check out.
9. There is history at every turn.
10. Horrible weather, crowded roads, polluted air, ridiculous prices and yet the city still manages to be an amazing place.
This story was curated by Nailah Hayward
A platform of cultivated insights from a global community of black travelers.