Photo Credit: João Vianna | Getty Images
TripAdvisor Names 2019 Top 25 Beaches In The World
If the excitement for travel hasn’t hit you in the new year yet, this list will certainly take you there. TripAdvisor has announced it’s 2019 Travelers’ Choice Top 25 Beaches in the World, just in time to remind us we still have 24 days of winter left.
1. Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil: This beach tops the list for its “heavenly views” and its year-round accessibility.
2. Varadero Beach, Varadero, Cuba: Also a beach that can be visited any time of the year, Varadero Beach is known for its pristine, white sandy shoreline.
3. Eagle Beach, Palm – Eagle Beach, Aruba: If you are looking for serenity, this is the spot. It takes the list for its natural beauty and its tranquil setting.
4. La Concha Beach, San Sebastian – Donostia, Spain: According to TripAdvisor, this stunning European beach is best to visit between June and September. San Sebastian is also a beautiful coastal city with lots of local attractions.
5. Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos: Another Caribbean Gem known for its turquoise waters.
6. Clearwater Beach, Clearwater, Florida: The first beach listed from the United States, Clearwater Beach is a family-friendly beach known for its fine white sand.
7. Spiaggia dei Conigli, Lampedusa, Islands of Sicily: Off the coast of Sicily lies Spiaggia dei Conigli. The enclosed cove offers calm waters that are great for swimming.
8. Seven Mile Beach, Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman: This beach on the Western end of Grand Cayman boasts “postcard worthy” clear waters and coral sands.
9. Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres, Mexico: Isla Mujeres is a five-mile-long island just north of Cancún and Playa Norte has been coined the most beautiful beach in Mexico.
10. Seven Mile Beach, Negril, Jamaica: This iconic beach is one of the main attractions in Negril for is beauty and seemingly endless coastline.
11. Falesia Beach, Olhos de Agua, Portugal: Located in Algarve, TripAdvisor recommends visiting this beach between April and October.
12. Prainhas do Pontal do Atalaia, Arraial do Cabo, Brazil: Another Brazil favorite, Prainhas do Pontal do Atalaia offers blue waters and views of the mountains in the distance.
13. Playa de Ses Illetes, Formentera, Balearic Islands: The Balearic Islands are an archipelago off eastern Spain and home to Playa de Ses Illetes and a series of other beautiful beaches.
14. Ka’anapali Beach, Lahaina, Hawaii: With plenty of resorts, shopping and restaurant options, you could easily spend weeks soaking up the sun on this picturesque beach.
15. Balos Lagoon, Kissamos, Greece: This “breathtaking” beach offers exotic and unique views for beachgoers.
16. Radhanagar Beach, Havelock Island, Andaman and Nicobar Islands: This Indian archipelago in the Bay of Bengal is famous across the world for its beaches and stunning scenery.
17. Playa Manuel Antonio, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica: Gentle tides and warm waters make this beach a swimmer’s paradise.
18. Manly Beach, Sydney, Australia: Come for the surfing, stay for the gorgeous views and friendly people.
19. Kelingking Beach, Nusa Penida, Bali: A beach list is not complete without a mention of Bali and Kelingking Beach sits on the most famous shoreline in Bali.
20. Bournemouth Beach, Bournemouth, United Kingdom: Bournemouth Beach is located on the southern coast of England and is a great spot for family vacations and activities.
21. Elafonissi Beach, Elafonissi, Greece: Intense colors define this beach with turquoise waters and pink sand.
22. Fig Tree Bay, Protaras, Cyprus: You could spend a day or a week basking in the golden sand and swimming in the warm waters at Fig Tree Bay.
23. Surfers Paradise Beach, Surfers Paradise, Australia: Located in Queensland, this iconic beach’s proximity to the city also offers lots of options for entertainment, food, and shopping.
24. Anse Lazio, Praslin Island, Seychelles: This “picture-perfect” beach is good for a visit any time of the year.
25. Santa Monica Beach, Santa Monica, Cape Verde: Its simple beauty makes this a relatively undiscovered paradise.