Photo Credit: Getty Images
Passenger's Carry-On Bag Catches Fire In West Virginia Airport
A traveler’s bag caught fire while passing through airport security at Yeager Airport in West Virginia on Wednesday.
Two lithium batters were attached to a charger in the carry-on bag which caused it to catch fire, reports The Associated Press.
Yeager Airport police put out the fire and there were no injuries or flight delays because of it. The traveler also made it to their flight on time.
The airport director at Yeager Airport, Terry Sayre, told The Associated Press that travelers should review the TSA’s list of prohibited and regulated items prior to traveling.
The Federal Aviation Administration’s battery policy states that both rechargeable and non-rechargeable batteries are allowed in carry-on bags but they must be under a certain size or wattage.
Loose non-rechargeable batters are not allowed in checked baggage.