Photo Credit: Photo by Tim Chapman/Liaison
These Nassau, Bahamas Resorts Are Offering Free COVID-19 Testing For Guests
Several resorts on Nassau’s Paradise Island are now offering free COVID-19 tests to American guests who require the test to return home to the United States.
The decision to provide rapid antigen testing comes as a result of the CDC’s new requirement mandating international travelers to the U.S. to provide a negative COVID-19 test result, received within 72-hours prior to their flight.
“The Bahamas is already requiring visitors to get tested on their fifth day of a visit, so the country was able to respond quickly to the new requirements and offer easy, on-site complimentary testing for guests,” said Fred Lounsberry, Nassau Paradise Island Promotion Board CEO.
“We want to make the process as streamlined and simple as possible for travelers, so they can maximize their vacation and spend more time relaxing and enjoying the natural beauty of Nassau Paradise Island.”
The following hotels and resorts are currently offering two complimentary rapid antigen tests per room. Additional tests are available at the resorts for a nominal fee, in most instances $30 or less per test. Some resorts are also offering PCR tests at an additional cost.
- Atlantis Paradise Island – Currently open: The Reef, The Royal; The Cove opens February 11
- Comfort Suites Paradise Island – Currently open
- Grand Hyatt Baha Mar – Currently open: Grand Hyatt Baha Mar; SLS Baha Mar and Rosewood Baha Mar open March 4
- Graycliff Hotel – Currently open
- Margaritaville Beach Resort – Currently open. Full resort opens Feb 15
- Sandals Royal Bahamian – Opening March 31
- The Ocean Club – Currently open
Visitors to the Bahamas will require a negative COVID-19 test taken within five days of travel to enter the country. They will also need to have a follow-up rapid antigen test performed on the fifth day of their stay and complete a Health Visa form.