Photo Credit: Photo by <a href="https://unsplash.com/@alexstarnes?utm_source=unsplash&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=creditCopyText">alex starnes</a> on <a href="https://unsplash.com/photos/tbYPDBChsZU?utm_source=unsplash&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=creditCopyText">Unsplash</a>
Enjoy A Luxurious Galentine's Day With Your Girls At Nemacolin Resort
It’s that time of the year again when stores are decked out with chocolates in heart-shaped packaging, flowers and stuffed animals in the name of love. Valentine’s Day has become a holiday people either love or hate. Many women are choosing to celebrate together, showing each other love and appreciation on February 13, also known as Galentine’s Day.
The origins of Galentine’s Day can be traced back to an episode of the comedic television show “Parks & Recreation.” During season two of the series, episode 16, appropriately titled ‘Galentine’s Day,’ shows the main character celebrating the day with her girlfriends. The purpose of Galentine’s Day is to leave your boyfriends and husbands at home, celebrate your girls and enjoy great food.
When we think about Galentine’s Day, there’s no better place to celebrate than Nemacolin resort. Located in Farmington, Pennsylvania, Nemacolin is a short drive from New York City and surrounding cities.
Related: Galentine’s Day: 5 Destinations For Black Women Under $400 Round-Trip
Where to stay
The resort is home to various properties to stay including The Chateau, Falling Rock, The Homes, The Estates and The Grand Lodge, which will open in August 2023.
For a luxurious Galentine’s Day experience, stay at The Chateau, which feels like a scene out of Netflix’s “Bridgerton.” You and your girls will feel like nothing less than royalty.
Holistic Healing Center
Healing with your girls is a must, and Nemacolin’s Holistic Healing Center offers personalized wellness packages. Whether a massage, acupuncture, infrared light therapy or cryotherapy, Nemacolin has a treatment for you. The property’s on-site doctor, Dr. Jerry Lin, created a curated treatment plan using acupuncture and holistic integrative therapy to help combat stress, sleep disruptions, and other health concerns.
We recommend making a reservation before visiting the Holistic Healing Center.
Woodlands Spa and Salon
Nemacolin’s on-property spa houses forty treatment rooms and a full-service salon. Enjoy the entire day with your girls and book the Woodlands Tranquility Immersion, which involves 5 hours of interrupted papering and therapeutic treatments, including a Woodlands Massage, Customized Wrap, Woodlands Facials and Indulgence Pedicure.
Get dolled up for a night on the property with the airbrush make-up application service, lash extensions, and a Nails by Mei manicure.
Dinner at Aqueous
This Forbes Four-Star and AAA Four-Diamond restaurant boast a fresh and vibrant menu. For a starter, try the Scallop & Sea Bass Ceviche (pineapple and avocado salad, cucumber, black garlic, corn tostada). Enjoy the Roasted Scallops main course (roasted shoyu and honey cauliflower, edamame hummus, jalapeño, and cilantro chimichurri pesto) paired with a wine recommendation. Share the Aqueous Smore dessert with your girls over conversation and laughter.
Pools at The Peak
After dinner head to The Peak to lounge in a cabana by the pool or take a dip in the hot tub while enjoying live entertainment.
Breakfast at Rockwell’s Bistro
Before checking out, enjoy a lovely breakfast at Rockwell’s Bistro, which pays homage to farm-to-table dining. For a light breakfast, try the Muesli Bowl (Greek yogurt, granola, kiwi, pomegranate, grapefruit, caramelized bananas, and peanut butter sauce).
For a heartier breakfast, be sure to order the Steak & Eggs (NY strip, two eggs any style, trumpet mushrooms, fingerling potatoes, shallot red win sauce).
How to get to Nemacolin
If you’re driving, from one of these surrounding cities, here’s how long it would take:
- New York, NY – About 350 miles away, it takes approximately six hours of driving.
- Philadelphia, PA – About 290 miles away, it takes approximately four hours and 40 minutes of driving.
- Washington, D.C. – About 185 miles away, it takes approximately three hours and 30 minutes of driving.
- Cincinnati, OH – About 315 miles away, it takes approximately five hours of driving.
- Cleveland, OH – About 205 miles away, it takes approximately three hours and 20 minutes of driving.
- Pittsburg, PA – About 70 miles away, it takes approximately an hour and 30 minutes of driving.
You can fly into one these surrounding airports:
- Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) – Located 85 miles from Nemacolin
- Latrobe Airport (LBE) – Located 43 miles from Nemacolin
- Morgantown Airport (MGW) – Located 35 miles away from Nemacolin
- Connellsville Airport (VVS) – Private airport located 18 miles away from Nemacolin
- Nemacolin Airfield (PA-88 Private)
If you’d rather take ground transportation:
- Connellsville Amtrak – Located 28 miles from Nemacolin
- Nemacolin Transportation – A shuttle service can be arranged to and from local airports and attractions. You will need to give the property a 24-hour notice.
No matter what you and your girls are into, Nemacolin offers fun, luxury, and tranquility for a Galentine’s celebration.
Related: Vacation Time Fly: 10 Black Jewelry Designers To Wear On Your Next Trip