Photo Credit: Photo by FREDERIC J. BROWN/AFP via Getty Images
Flight Deal: Southwest Airlines Offering $50 Flights To Celebrate 50th Anniversary
Southwest Airlines is celebrating its 50th year in business with a sale featuring flights as low as $50 one way. From now until February 8, travelers can book tickets to select destinations for trips at least 21 days in advance.
Tickets purchased for flights within the continental U.S. are valid between February 9 and May 26 this year. Bookings for flights between the continental U.S. and Hawaii, Puerto Rico or international destinations are valid February 9 through May 20.
Southwest Airlines operated its first flight on June 18, 1971. According to the airline, in 2019 it had “4,000 weekday departures among a network of 101 destinations in the United States and 10 international locations.”
Notable routes include:
- Chicago to Memphis, Nashville, Cincinnati, or Cleveland – $50
- Los Angeles to Phoenix, Vegas, San Francisco, or Sacramento – $50
- New Orleans to Austin or San Antonio – $67
- New York to Boston, Columbus, or Norfolk – $76
- D.C. to Charlotte, Detroit, New York, Indianapolis, or Charleston – $76
- Atlanta to Philadelphia, Fort Lauderdale, or Kansas City – $100
There are some blackout dates which include busier travel times and holiday periods. For the best deals, search for weekday flights. Visit Southwest.com to shop the sale.