Photo Credit: @chandlerhilken| Unsplash
Flight Deal: Fly To Quito, Ecuador For Only $386
Calling all of our Atlanta readers (or those near the area). You can fly to Quito, Ecuador for as low as $386 via Jet Blue Airlines.
Dates for the lowest priced fares are in late January. You can find other low fares spanning from November though January. Use Google Flights to find exact dates and pricing.
Quito sits high in the Andean foothills at an altitude of 2,580 meters. As the capital of Ecuador it is known for it’s well-preserved colonial center. For several years it has been deemed “The most beautiful big city in South America.”
According to Huffington Post, If you only have one day in Quito, spend it in Old Town, the first-ever locale in the world to be designated a UNESCO World Heritage site. Covering more than 800 acres, this is the largest historic center in the Americas, with an over-abundance of ancient thick-walled, tile-roofed colonial buildings, churches, museums, and more.
It is also suggested that you visit the gold-gilded La Compañia de Jesus Church and the neo-gothic Basilica del Voto Nacional adorned with animals native to Ecuador instead of gargoyles.
Art lovers, go directly to the Bellavista neighborhood to the former home of famous Ecuadorian painter Oswaldo Guayasamín and one of the city’s most impressive art museums, the Capilla del Hombre, dedicated to the indigenous and exploited people of Latin America.
Here are 7 facts you should know about Quito:
- Quito was the first city to be declared a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Quito’s official name is San Francisco de Quito.
- Quito’s nickname is the “Florence of the Americas.”
- Quito is the second most populated city in Ecuador
- Quito is surrounded by 8 of Ecuador’s 19 volcanoes.
- There are only two seasons in Quito: Dry season (June – September) and wet season (October – May)
- The sun sets at roughly the same time all year.
Hurry and grab you flight soon because this low priced fare won’t be available very long.