5 Tips For Riding MegaBus
Have you heard of Megabus? It’s an easy, reliable, and affordable way to travel to by bus different parts of The United States and Canada. I recently had my first experience with them from Atlanta to Charlotte, the ride cost me $13.50 one way and I had no complaints! There are a few things you need to know so here are 5 tips to help you enjoy your riding experience.
1. Arrive early. Because the fares are so low, they attract many people. Seats are not assigned, it’s on a first come first serve basis. For this reason, you should arrive at least 30 minutes prior to departure (maybe even an hour) so you can line up and get a good spot in line.
2. Don’t over stuff your checked bag. You can check your bag but it must be less than 50 pounds. They have luggage scales and they will weigh your bag if it appears too heavy. I saw a woman have to rearrange her bags in order to check them on the bus.
3. Bring wet wipes. The bus isn’t cleaned after each journey so please bring disinfectant wipes to wipe down your area. There also isn’t a sink in the bathroom, just antibacterial gel, so be prepared for that.
4. Bring a travel blanket. The bus can be a bit chilly so if you get cold, pack a travel blanket in your purse or carry on bag. It’s an easy way to stay warm as you have no control over the settings.
5. Bring your own food. There is a Mega Snack truck where you can get a few things but there isn’t anything healthy. You are allowed to bring your own food to travel with you so feel free to bring what you need to make your journey better.
There you have it! 5 ways to help you enjoy your bus riding experience. If flying isn’t for you but you want to still travel, traveling by bus is a perfect alternative. Megabus is an extremely affordable way to travel and one you should take advantage of if possible!